Friday, January 15, 2010

Young Stupidity

The feeling inside
Is more than I can take
I don't want to feel this way
But Daddy was the stupid one
All I want to do is cry
His weekend problem has hurt me
And he doesn't seem to understand
I indulge a little
He indulges a lot
He has so much
I have very little

I'm sitting here
He's passed out in the bedroom
My home smells of food mixed with alcohol
There is a dead bug in the bathroom
I am all alone
And I want someone to care
I need the feeling of love
But no one is around
There are plenty there
But none are here

He acts like a child
I have to be the adult
I grew up to fast
So I guess this is what I get
I wish he would listen to me
But all he wants to do is be twenty-two
I want him to grow up
I want him to realize that he isn't the only one
Our son is suffering
Why does he not see that
He tells me that he only wants me to understand
But I can't understand if he never talks

He says he had a bad day
What made the day bad
I ask him many times
And he chooses to ignore me
I head home upset
He gets mad that I don't care
He doesn't realize that I do care
But I can't act thrilled with his behavior
It is moments like this I wish I had listened to my parents
It is when I wish it was all over
I don't want in this anymore
I only want out

My day is perfect
Until I get home
There I can't seem to do anything right
Trash and dishes cover the living room
School all day
Work after
Coming home I crawl in bed
In the morning I am in trouble
So I am told
Why can't I take care of my home
Why is it always trashed

He has done so much for me
I have done plenty for him too
I know that it never ends
But why must I be treated like this
I just want to lock myself up
I want to cry
These are the moments I wish I didn't love him
I shouldn't have these feelings
I love him so much
But why

What does he do for me
Does he realize what I do for him
He doesn't act like it
I don't want those old feelings to come back
I need help but can't find it
All of my hobbies are cause for laughter
I am the joke of the group
I am the baby
Hating it only fuels the flame
The flame that needs to die

These "friends" need to disappear
They are not friends
If they are making him feel this way
I wish we had never met them

I can't wait until he grows up
I want this to work
But at his metal age
It's not going to

No comments:

Post a Comment