Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gilmore Girls Gala

Well, the last several days I have been watching the Gilmore Girls. I have to admit that I love the show, thanks to "Aunt" Elise...lol. Sadly, I have been hogging the television. I have offered for Daddy and Alyssa to take control of the remote, but so far, nothing. Anyway, I think Alyssa has started to like the show too.

(I love Lauren Graham. She is an amazing actress and I heard that she is to star in another television show soon. However, I am very depressed that I have no cable, no dish, and no local channels. I would love to give her new show a shot, but if I have no television, I kind of can't!)

Moving on, Conner is starting to not want to take his naps. I put him down today at about 1:30 (his usual time is about 1:00), but he wouldn't sleep. I left him in there, hoping that he would play himself to sleep, like he sometimes does, but at about 2:45, still playing, I went and got him out of bed. He is too young not to take naps. It's actually starting to worry me. Even now, at 10:10 p.m., he is not sleeping. I put him in bed at 9:15, bedtime usually being at 9:00. I don't like it. I do need time to myself. I love my child, but as I am so young, I still feel as though I need me-time. I admit, I feel very selfish about it, but if I don't have time for myself, I go crazy. And Daddy gets all of my pent-up emotions. I don't like it, and he doesn't like it, but I can't exactly take out my frustrations on an 18-month old on the child! Daddy, God bless him, takes it, over and over. I feel so bad about it though, and I am trying to get better at it; it's hard work. Point being, I need me-time and I find it, even when my baby won't sleep. Sad, but true.

School starts in a week. I am so excited. I don't know how well I have conveyed that fact so far, but I love school, and come six days from now, I will be back in a classroom, where I belong...or so I feel. Also, with the beginning of the semester, I will have work again. Being an English major, I am a writing tutor, and I feel that it is a step in the right direction. After all, I want to teach English, right? So how far is tutoring English (writing) from teaching it? Except of course for the fact that that tutoring is usually one-on-one and not one-on-twenty! Anyway, I am going to love this semester.

The soup-making is still going strong. I have come up with another recipe, only, strangly, it consists of ground beef and not chopped meat, like all of the others. Either way, I love making and creating soups. Maybe I should make cooking my hobby, or my back-up for if teaching doesn't work (like it won't...there is always a shortage of teachers around here!). I haven't yet given this recipe a name, and I don't think that is will be as big of a hit as the last one, but I love it and have made it twice in the last twenty-four hours. I love making soup!

The house is starting to feel small. Even if Alyssa weren't here, I would think that it was small. I shouldn't have settled. Of course if I hadn't, my baby would have been born and brought home to an apartment. How bad would that have been!?! At least this way I have good memories about my first home. Anyway, I don't like this house. I want out of it. It's one bathroom, and I hate that you have to wait on someone when you have to go...usually every time!

Well, aparently everyone in this house is bored. Right now, Daddy is on his phone, Alyssa is on another computer, checking her email, and I am sitting here blogging. Guess I'll call it a night. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment