Friday, January 8, 2010

Starting Spring 2010

My life is great right now! I have been feeling a little under the weather, but other than that I am great! School is going to start in about a week and a half, and I have already started my work! For those who know me, they will know me as a procrastinator. Not anymore! I have finished one complete novel and I am starting my second. I love to read! Actually, last semester, people called me the “English Nerd.” I’ll take it. I do not deny the fact that I love to read, to write and to learn all I can about the English language and Literature. I enjoy every second of it! I am actually taking two Literature courses this spring, and then I will be taking another in the summer, so I tell people I am taking three. I might as well be, seeing as how the summer sessions are only four to six weeks long! I am also taking an education class, that way I can teach as soon as possible. I want to teach, so badly. I cannot wait until I have my own classroom full of students who hate me! What a load of laughs! I do not want my students to hate me, but every time I bring up my plans for the class to Daddy, he always tells me that they will, that I am too tough, and that I would be asking too much of my high school students. Oh well. The whole purpose of high school is to prepare students for the world of college, and none that I have attended met that goal. I attended four high schools, and every one of them failed me in this respect. I was not ready for college when that time came. The only reason I was prepared for my real first semester, was because I took a concurrent class that showed me what college instructors expect from their students. Also, I just love to learn and to study, so the work was not very difficult for me. However, the students who pass through my doors may not be as thrilled to learn as I, and I have to be able to get them to understand that in order to live a productive life outside of school, you have to go to college, and in order to make it through those classes, you have to be able to pass my class. I will be tough, and I will require hard work and dedication to a class that some may not fully understand, but if they are to take classes in college and pass, they will be able to pass mine as well. English is not an easy language, and I will not give them that feeling. If they are in a high school English class, then they understand the fundamentals. Or at least they have been taught, and I will not stand for any misuse. I can’t; we won’t have that kind of time.

Maybe I should teach at a private school.

No comments:

Post a Comment